Sunday, April 13, 2008

Cancer Research UK Race for Life 2008 Charity event

To my dearest friends,

Once again, much apologies for not actively updating my blog. The same as all previous times, life has just been busy, filled with an amalgation of work-pertaining commitments as well as personal social outings.

But alas....Here, I am...updating my blog!


This is, however, not for my own pleasure/satisfaction, but for a genuinely charitable cause. I urge all of you reading this entry to spare me a few minutes of your time to hear my plea.




Through the time I have spent researching on breast cancer as well as having relatives suffer from it, I have grown to understand the plight of cancer sufferers and the difficulty of loved ones surrounding them. Additionally, I have observed the productive work of various research endeavours and know that laboratories all around the world studying on cancer are making an impact in combating this disease.



Cancer is non-racist and non-judgmental. Cancer does not choose who it targets. More importantly, there is no way of preventing cancer.




Cancer Research UK, which also funds the research work I'm doing, is a reputable organisation, having helped and supported thousands of cancer sufferers throughout the UK. The organisation continually organizes fundraising events to raise money for cancer treatments and aids, cancer awareness as well as cancer research.



Recently, I have consciously decided to do my part for what is close to my heart.




I will be taking up the challenge of running a 5km course in the RACE FOR LIFE chariy event in June organised by Cancer Research UK.



Those who know me, know that I am a person of small stature, certainly not the most athletic but I have been training for several weeks now (!). I certainly hope to train harder approaching the event to improve my performance...also in order not to be caught on Scottish news headlines as the 'wee Malaysian lassie who fainted after 15 minutes into race'. Nevertheless, fear not, I doubt that will happen *fingers crossed*



With that, I am spreading the word and appealing to your kind & generous selves to support me in my humble endeavour and contribute a little something (whatever the amount) to this noble cause. I have always believed that EVERY contribution is a help, however big or small the amount is.


To make contributions simple and easy, I have registered with Cancer Research UK and set up a fundraising webpage. This avoids handling cash to myself and all proceeds will go directly to the organisation, bypassing me. CLICK HERE to contribute to Jaclyn's humble challenge and do your bit for humankind!




I thank you in advance for your generous support and hope you know I really appreciate it.





Together, we can help beat cancer!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home