Saturday, August 04, 2007

A wee bit of Scottishness....

Nothing beats stumbling upon songs, amidst the mishmash of mumbo-jumbo tunes that's out there thrashing the music scene, that strike just the perfect chord for you.

A friend recently burnt me a compilation of music albums from various artistes- some being local Scottish singers/bands. One of them held me captivated for a good hour of music listening, which I strongly believe deserves recognition across the continents. Hence, I'm humbly dedicating this tiny blog entry of mine to his songs, hoping that people from back home can enjoy them just as much as I.

Roddy Woomble is his name. Being the lead singer of a Scottish Rock/Pop band, Idlewild, you would be as surprised as I as to the diversity of this side project of his compared to that of Idlewild's.

The debut album is My Secret Is My Silence. Youtube.com doesn't store many of the songs in this album (which is a good thing 'cause people should go straight to buying the original CD!) but here is one of them:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lc8kfwPL-hs


...now....where are my headphones?....

3 Comments:

Blogger 3-Seconder said...

Roomie... TAGGED !!
Gotta join in this bandwagon of finishing up 8 random facts about yourself. :)

6:53 am  
Blogger Jacz said...

Eh?.. WHAT??

I don't understand...

5:44 pm  
Blogger 3-Seconder said...

Ok it's like this chain letter thingy (in blogosphere, it's called meme)we had with emails last time. Exception we post the answer on our blogsite.

THEN we need to ask people to do this meme.

kabish? :)

5:34 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home