Sunday, September 02, 2007

M.U.S.I.C

Dearest all,


I have just successfully added-on a music widget to this blog (can't believe I did it! Me being such an HTML/java idiot) . It displays what I'm listening to at any one point in time.....


Yes, it's me rambling on...and on again...about music and songs I like. Just another way to share with everyone my music library.


What else have I been up to lately? Well, I went to explore an Andy Warhol gallery yesterday afternoon at Glasgow's Gallery of Modern Art (GOMA). Those who have been to Glasgow before will remember it. It's the building with a statue of a man on the horse in front of it. The statue, usually donned with a police traffic cone, is the famous landmark of the city.


For those not familiar with Andy Warhol's work, he is the creator and mastermind of POP ART.
Among his very renown pieces are the repetitive portrait prints of Marilyn Monroe, Mao Tze Tung and the Campbell Soup Can in flamboyant rainbow colours.


Not only was Warhol an artist, he was a film producer and an author although all his works were often classified as avant-garde; extremely controversial and pushing the bounderies of the then acceptable culture. Having an eccentric character, his quotes are undoubtedly amusing.

I have just purchased his book from Amazon - ' The Philosophy of Andy Warhol (From A to B and Back Again)', where he expresses openly about his views on life, love, fame, art, money etc....


Can't wait to read it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home