Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Write, write, write, write and...write!

After disappearing for absolutely ages, I felt a sense of duty to reincarnate my blog. Although I won't even attempt to promise my enthusiasm will last (for obvious reasons, i.e. previous experience...), I will at least give it a try.

So why the sudden urge to re-blog? some of you may ask...

Simply because at the moment, I'm tired and bored of the scientific writing I have been composing day-in-day-out for the past two months. There.....I have successfully completed the last section of discussion for one of my results chapters for my thesis draft. If anyone is even interested in what I have written, that is.

"...The current study has been the first to demonstrate that LPPs are able to exist as homodimers and heterodimers. Additionally, dimerisation may serve as a means of regulating LPP activity since only the multimeric form was catalytically active whereas the monomeric form exhibited no activity. It is speculated that LPP may adopt two or more dimeric arrangements of different conformations (domain swapped and non-domain swapped dimers), in accordance to previous data demonstrating LPP to exhibit both cooperative and non-cooperative kinetics. The different conformational states of the LPP dimers are probably constitutively in equilibrium with one another and the tendency for either conformation to predominate depends on factors such as substrate type and concentration. Indeed, findings from the present study have clearly disclosed the complexity of the molecular arrangements of LPP although the functional significance of the heterologous nature of LPP dimerisation (ability to form homodimers and various combinations of heterodimers) and the factors contolling its dynamics remain to be understood. "

Can you believe it took me an hour and a bit to write that paragraph down? Well, never thought I was much of a fast writer anyway... Anyhow, it's all still good. I can slowly feel my excitement surmounting as I gradually complete my thesis. Only keeping my fingers crossed that all will turn out well without too many bumps along the way.

Right-o, time to grab some beauty sleep to rejuvenate my dry eyes. Good night--ey!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home